Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trust

How do you place trust in someone? Is it the way they talk to you or the way they look at you? Is it their actions towards you? Is it what they do when no one's looking that causes you to either trust or distrust them?

I've not always been the best at judging people right off. But, I do tend to trust people who wear their heart on their sleeve, so to speak, more so than those who don't.

Perhaps that's why in this political environment, I think Sen. Obama and Sen. Biden are more qualified to lead this country but don't trust them to lead it. The fact that Sarah Palin and John McCain don't know the answer to questions sometimes and take harsh stands on certain issues makes me trust them more because I know where they stand.

Who you associate with affects who you are - for bad or for good. No matter how silly people think the claim that Obama has had associations with William Ayers who was a domestic terrorist in the 1960s and therefore subscibes to some of Ayers extremist ideas is, this is not silly to me. This very well could mean that Ayers' found in Obama's ideas a few of his own and therefore chose to help propel Obama into national politics in the hope that finally someone might represent his [Ayers] radical ideas in Washington. The Obama campaign has issued this statement saying this association is ludicrous, but in my short life, I understand that the people you choose to surround yourself with, influence you.

All this leads me back to my point that although Obama has many, many things going for him - enthusiasm, intelligence, looks, more votes. I don't know who he is down below the talk. I think I know Sen. McCain and Governor Palin - even if I don't want to.

No comments: